I thought about titling this post, “I have no idea what to write about,” then I thought about talking about why I’m not celebrating Valentine’s Day even though I have a boyfriend this year, THEN I realized that it’s my first post of 2019, so what else than a natural life update for you all? If you look back through the life of my blog (which celebrated two years in December – exciting!), you’ll see is the norm…fall off the writing wagon, get back on, update my friends, fall back off.
Here we go: speed round of Torey’s life. Well, probably no so speedy, because – have we met?
- Health update: Nothing has happened with weight loss; I really like to eat food that is super unhealthy for me, so um. There’s that.
- Health update #2: I am obsessed with Topeka Fit Body Boot Camp. I work out six days a week, it’s a super fast 30 minute HIIT training, and I love it. I see results, feel muscles I didn’t even know I had, and while waking up at 5:45 is super difficult most mornings, it’s worth it.
- Health update #3: I did in fact run that 5K at the end of January. I signed up for the I Run KC 50K challenge (10 5Ks this year), and I’ve found I am super pumped to run this races (I’ll do just about anything for a medal, I’ve discovered), BUT I have no motivation to train for said runs. Haven’t run SINCE aforementioned 5K.
- Work update: I. Love. My. Job. I am so blessed to work for an organization that has a purpose behind everything we do, and whose constituents are involved for no other reason than they want to be. It was one of the best opportunities life has given me.
- Work update #2: It took me all of one whole month (seriously, my last day at my part time job was one month ago today), to get another part time job. More to come on that later. I just don’t know what to do with free time! ?
- General life updates – MORE BULLET POINTS!
- I still eat popcorn at least once a week for dinner.
- I leave for my London & Scotland trip in right around three months, and oh my lanta, I am so excited I can’t stand it.
- I watched an episode of Criminal Minds this past weekend where people on their trip got abducted, and no lie, considered cancelling said trip for about two seconds.
- My house is pretty clean for the first time all year.
- Three of my friends and I are starting a quarterly book club, and I CANNOT WAIT to discuss the first book in March, but I still have no idea what my pick will be for quarter two.
- I went to see my grandma two weeks ago and visited my grandpa at the cemetery. On the way out of town, I stopped and chatted with him a little. Grief is still weird.
- I’ve found out that I’m a pretty big fan of podcasts.
- The boyfriend. My word. Honestly, I could devote a whole post (or lots of posts) to him, but I’ll say this: I know without a doubt God was waiting to put him in my life, I am thankful every single day for him, and I’m so unbelievably lucky to have him. <3