This post is literally titled Pineapples just because I really love the new photo I found for my blog. Yes, it’s fairly springy / summery, but I don’t care, I love pineapples! Did you know they are the international symbol for hospitality? When sailors of old would come back from a long voyage on the sea, they would put a pineapple outside their front door when they wanted to entertain guests! I learned it in my first class in college, and immediately knew I was in the right field. I love to give my friends pictures of pineapples when they move into a new house 🙂 I have a pineapple in my kitchen (not a real one – like a pretty one), it’s the theme for my backyard entertaining space, and NOW it’s on my blog!!!!!! The rest of this post is just a life update because apparently I don’t know how to write about anything else…ever.
Update on New Years Resolutions?
- Well – while the house has stayed fairly clean, Savanah & I have now completely made the living room a hot mess, and the kitchen isn’t super clean either. I have three loads of laundry piling up because I keep forgetting to buy detergent, and I still haven’t unpacked from my four day trip. I made my bed this morning though. Small victories.
- I am on book #3 out of 31! This may be due in part to the fact that I spent five hours in an airport over the weekend, and I was on four flights – but it’s still a grand success. My friend Jeana is doing the challenge with me, and she’s fabulous, and far better at writing about books (or anything!) than I am, so check out her blog, The Drunk Quill, here. And can we just talk about how awesome that blog name is?
- Down 4.8 pounds – still not back to lowest weight – weight loss challenge starts February 5!
- First 5K is this weekend, and it’s going to be real cold. I’ll keep you posted, but I’m planning on wearing double layers.
- I bought all the stuff for my bathroom renovation! The reading room is filled with tile, a vanity, vanity top…all the pretties!
- The fitness is going well – I’ve successfully worked out every day this year! Included in those days was my first day of weight lifting. And now, I can’t get up after I sit down, I can’t lean over, and can’t lift my arms….but come Warrior Dash in June, I’ll be super strong! Right?
There you go, all. I hope if anything, you learned something about pineapples by reading this. Have a lovely day.